Skip to main content

Family Yoga after Dark - Special Havdalah Event 1/26/13

Oh please do come!!! Only $5 per family. A short end-of-Sabbath Havdalah service (10 minutes at most) followed by 45 wonderful minutes of Family Yoga with special guided meditation/story for the younger ibes during savasana. Hot cocoa and snacks provided. Bring your mat and prepare to have fun. No prior yoga experience needed, nor is being Jewish a requirement -open to all!!

Register here : http://www.tiferethisrael.com/familyyoga/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Namaste - I bow to your form

A nice etymologicial discussion of the word: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Namaste With my children and family yoga classes, I like this song interpretation: "There's a light in me, there's a light in you, and together we are one." Or for secular classes, I like to say "Namasate is the yoga way of saying 'Thank You.'"

Is Grass Fed Beef Really “Rich in Omega 3s?”

The subjects of n -6 and n -3 fatty acid (commonly referred to as Omega-6 and Omega-3 fatty acids) ratios, dietary fiber, salt, and anti-oxidants came up frequently during the Ancestral Health Symposium back in August. I was frankly surprised at the concern several presenters voiced about the last three. I thought they’d been fairly debunked, but apparently not. Perhaps I’ll discuss them in a future post. I’ve written before about the relative importance of grass-fed meat in our diet, and the overstated benefits of grass-fed vs. grain-fed beef. But this subject came up again recently on the Nutrition and Metabolism Society e-mail list, so I think it’s worth a re-visit. Any discussion of n -6 and n -3 fatty acids in general, and in beef in particular, ought to include the following points: the strength of data suggesting their importance; the importance of the n -6: n -3 ratios; and the n -3 content of beef vs. other foodstuffs. The literature discussing the benefits of n- 3 fatty acid